Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow days!

It has been amazingly beautiful here! Moab had it's first snow day (I think in like 25 years) yesterday. . . I woke up to find about 9 inches of snow covering everything! They weren't planning on plowing the road until noon, so I strapped on my cross country skis and took off!




Brian climbed with Skyler Monday morning, but it was so cold that they both called it quits after one climb. Good thing, because about an hour later it started dumping snow. We went and did the devils garden loop at arches-- probably the only day all year that you could do that hike and not see a soul.


7 comments:

Lindsey said...

GORGEOUS! Wow. That's all I have to say. Wow.

Sarah said...

Oh, man! Hiking in Arches without people?!? That is too good to be true. Looks SO fun!

Jerry said...

Pretty! Nothing like snow-covered desert! I'm glad you guys both got to enjoy it!

Catherine said...

BEA-U-TI-FUL! Wow. I just made that first pic my desktop. Ah, I wish I could come out there and sing Christmas carols in the snowy desert with you.

Leslie said...

Wowsers! Our landlord emailed us pictures- I can't believe it! I'm stoked B has Jan off- that will be so great to play...I think a little horseshoe canyon may be in order.

Allison said...

That second photo needs to be entered into a contest. Good eye on an awesome day.

The Gerharts said...

What beautiful photos! Angela, I love your new skis. How fun to see Moab in the snow for once =)