Wednesday, November 10, 2010

just the two of us.


Pine Creek Canyon, Zion Nat'l Park -- our second date.

Today is our three year anniversary and what a great three years it has been! This morning I woke up smiling as Brian carried a bouquet of yellow and red flowers into the room. We made blueberry waffles. I'll spare all of my blog readers any sappy love stories, but I am going to say that I am SOOO glad I married this guy (and vise-versa). We're in our new house and change is in the air. . . and nothing like change to make you feel a little nostalgic.


Hiking in Zion sometime March, 2007.


Nov. 10, 2007.


Tree cutting in the La Sals-- 2008.

On a glacier in Jasper Nat'l Park, Canada. August 2007


A photo a German hiker took of the two of us and emailed to me. Alaska, 2007.


Exploring a side canyon while canoeing the Colorado River. April, 2009.


Brian building a cairn on top of my head. Eardly Canyon, San Rafael Swell 2009.


Hawaii, 2009.

Eating out a Maggiano's with my fam. Christmas in NC, 2009.


Shafer Canyon Overlook, Canyonlands. March, 2010.


Disc Golf in NC, Dec 2009.


Mohave Desert, CA. Jan, 2010.


On the top of Glory Pass, Teton Mtns. January, 2010.

13 comments:

Pete said...

Wow! Three years already. Happy anniversary! We hope to see you two/three soon. - Pete & Jacqueline

Jerry said...

What a fabulous couple you two are! Happy 3rd Anniversary! You make a wonderful pair! Love you both!

Leslie said...

oh my goodness. fantastic pictures. happy anniversary you sneaky kids. I can't believe you came over for dinner! We should have lit candles and left you 2 alone!

Mickey said...

Hey, I took one of those pictures! (I don't know why that thrills me.)

Anytime a second date involves someone wearing a Petzl Ecrin Roc, good things are bound to follow. Happy anniversary!

Logan said...

What a series of adventures the two of you have been through together! BUT... the greatest adventures (parenting) are yet to come. I always wish I would've spent more time with the two of you when we could. I'll just have to make it happen.

Chris Andrew said...

Hey, you moved and didn't call me to help out?! Hope you like the place. Man, can't wait to have pictures like these of my own!

Fern said...

Obviously, you two are adorable.
Happy Anniversary!

Ivy Chatwin said...

Wow, what a great three years you've had! I love how you guys smile so much together. What fun! I enjoy reading your blog because it gives me ideas of what to work for and look forward to. Thank you! :)

Lindsey said...

Sigh. I think you guys are my fav couple. Ever.

I just wanted to also add a shoutout to myself, considering I took like half of those pictures. Oh Hey.

Can't wait to see you guys soon. CONGRATS!!!

The Gerharts said...

Happy Anniversary, the soon to be three!

Love and best wishes this next year. Believe it or not, life only gets better!

Sarah

Sarah said...

I love you two. I cannot imagine our family without B & A. Happy Anniversary!

Catherine said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved the post! I'm so happy that you guys got married, too! I can't believe how fast time flies. I haven't ever even seen some of the photos before... like the one the German guy took and emailed to you. That's so awesome.

Mary Grace said...

you forgot to mention the morning phone call from your friends who lost a beanie.... was that before or after the roses? congrats you two- youre some of my favorites :)betty' a lucky girl