Friday, February 11, 2011

What didn't we do in Mexico?


Well, we didn't die. BUT, we did do just about everything else there is to do in Mexico.

We spent a lot of time with these guys; Leslie, Clay and Owen.
We took turns swimming (that's a wetsuit-- not weird pants).
We posed for photos on the beach.
We windsurfed (actually just Brian).
We sailed (that's all four of us Me, B, Clay and Leslie).
We kayaked (the last day there were GREAT waves and we would catch the waves on the kayak and ride them in-- it was dang fun).
We lounged and sucked our fingers.
We looked at beautiful sunsets from the porch.
We shopped in town and bartered in Spanish.
We rode ATVs on the dunes.
We ate amazing comida. Wow.

Other things we did that weren't pictured:
played botchi-ball and kube (games on the sand)
took walks on the beach
played "spot it"
watched a lot of Youtube every night
lounged in the sun
went tide-pooling and saw star fish, crabs, sea anenome, fish etc
Brian and Clay went fishing and caught 8 fish. I paddled out and watch Brian reel in a sea bass.
paddle-boarded

Leslie's parents own a beach house right on the Sea of Cortez in Puerto Penasco, Mexico. Clay and Leslie invited us down and we ended up having one of the best vacations. David and Jayne (Leslie's parents) were so fun-- David spent hours helping Brian learn to sail, windsurf, paddle-board etc and Jayne was so fun to talk to and helped us ladies with the babies. We had an AMAZING time. And, to top it off, we weren't killed, gutted and stuffed with cocaine. I'd say it was a success.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks like such a FUN vacation! I'm so glad you weren't stuffed with cocaine. :) I love the family pics on the beach. I think you should make another post of pics, though. I want to see more!!

Allison said...

So, the picture of Angela on the ATV is my favorite picture, for some reason. I think it is one of those classic/crazy Hatch-girl poses. The sucking our fingers picture was a tie with the stylish sombrero donned Brian shot. A true vacation!

Gabriella said...

Wow that looks like such an awesome trip. We used to go to Puerto Penasco when I was little, it was my favorite vacation spot! I haven't been forever, I'm glad to see it's still as beautiful as it was way back then.

The Gerharts said...

Looks like such a beautiful beach! Upon first glance, I thought the sunset was a postcard. I love your family picture! What a fun vacation and way to enjoy Mexico! Glad you were safe too.

Lindsey said...

love love love love love love love love love love it.

Next time, please invite me. k thanks. I could babysit...just sayin

Fern said...

I need a vacation like this! Looks like so much fun. Love Mexico. Reminds me of when I was just a young thing.

sNick said...

I dunno... being stuffed with cocaine might have made the trip a little more "authentic", but it sounds like it was fun anyway.

Mickey said...

That sunset is ridiculous!