Wednesday, February 5, 2014

my life has a soundtrack.

I recently went on an organization spree in the house. In the process, I spent much to much time reading the notes and letters that Brian and I had written to each other while dating and engaged and married. I found one picture that Brian had drawn while we were engaged: the teton mountain range, a stick-figure wearing a ranger hat, another with long hair and an undisclosed number of stick children next to us. A cabin. Fir trees. The only words were: The Goal. 

Nicki recently sent me a link to this song

With all of it's failings, I do love the National Park Service. But way more than that, I love the National Parks. I've lived in them for 6 years. For the next month, if you buy this song on iTunes, 100% of the proceeds go to the National Park Conservation Association. I'm not sure if it's because I spent my childhood vacationing there, my college-years snowboarding there, my summers working there or spent 3 years living in a little cabin there, but I do believe the Tetons are magic. I will always love it there. 

And bonus: these guys are BYU students!

2 comments:

gc.hatch said...

That song almost made me cry....so romantic! (I was thinking of you and Brian and all the memories you have made in the Tetons).

Allison said...

I like this group. You got me searching for their music, and I like a lot of their songs. Thanks!