Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween Night

For preschool Liesel wanted to dress as a Rose Fairy for her Halloween Party. She was also very excited about the "spooky!" pumpkin she carved the night before. She looks so cute!


Our trick-or-treat pals. Sam the grasshopper, Brynlee the cat, Liesel the triceratops (she was NOT just a dinosaur), Rylee as Elsa, Owen the T-rex and Miss Hannah the skeptical Superwoman. 

These girls kill me. That is what Hannah did when I said "smile"-- it took .2 seconds for her to figure out the gist of Trick-or-Treating (Liesel coached her on it all day-- when I was pulling them in the bike trailer to the park, I heard her explaining how and what to do to get candy).  Liesel will definitely be one of those pillowcase-tweens making multiple rounds around the neighborhood. She was pretty insistent on hitting every house and was BEGGING to get out the door as soon as dinner was over. 

I know a lot of moms who don't like trick-or-treating (or Halloween for that matter), but I totally love it. It's a kids dream to get candy from strangers and to walk around at night and hold a flashlight and eat sugar sugar sugar and see the moon when it's really dark and walk around with mom and dad way past their bedtime and all get all dressed up and put their own lipstick on. You better believe that that dinosaur was wearing lipstick. ;) 

Hannah LOVED it. She (as usual) wanted to walk almost the whole time and would run to the doors. They both picked lollipops as their #1 fav candy. Usually followed by fruity tootsie rolls. Gross. I let them eat (almost) whatever they wanted the night of. Then it went into the pot for decorating gingerbread houses in December. . . and of course satisfying my ever so frequent pregnancy induced sugar cravings. 




5 comments:

The Gerharts said...

Hahaha!! Hannah's face KILLS me! Can't stop laughing about her expressions. Love Liesel's costumes! they are so cute!

gc.hatch said...

AHHH! How darling! The "group" is so adorable! Halloween really IS fun for children. I'm happy to hear the Liesel and Hannah had such a fun time and they mommy and daddy indulged them on all accounts.

Lindsey said...

Girl you know I was waiting for these photos....well worth the wait! Love the "rose fairy" (what in the??? but creative and nice costume!) and that triceratops hat, I seriously died laughing. It's huge. They will totes look back on these photos and laugh at themselves ;))))

Catherine said...

THIS IS AWESOME!! Where did you get the rose fairy costume?

Allison said...

I love the necessary lipstick for the Triceratops. And of course, Hannah's face is pure adorable Hannah. I'll pull that photo up on my phone if I ever need to smile and laugh. :) You have some precious girls.