Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Felicity at 7.5 months


5 words to describe Felicity: cheerful, bright, determined, sensitive, patient
she's definitely grown more aware this month. She loves being with the girls in their room, she loves holding things and playing with them and she likes to eat whatever I'm holding. The other day she ate my $100 check as I was walking to the door with the keys in my hand. 
This is Felicity to a T. She is always chewing on that little thumb of hers and she'll give me a smile like this just by looking at her. . . unless she's tired. She has two new teeth since this picture was taken. 
She loves her sisters but they can be a little smothering sometimes ... literally. 
There's that thumb again. She's not crawling and isn't trying yet, but she can scoot backward. 

Felicity is a joy. This might sound silly, but I really really knew her name should be Felicity even in the womb. When she was born, I felt her sweet, kind and peaceful spirit. She is darling. Felicity frequently gets comments about how "easy" or "good" she is. All babies are good, but some are harder in the sense that they are fussy or only want mommy. Not the case with this chica. She's happy except when she's tired and wants to nurse. She definitely knows me though and when Brian is watching her and I come home she is happy to see me (but that means she immediately starts fussing because she wants me). She gets lots and lots of love from her sisters. Often, it's a little too much love. They are both really helpful with her. Although Liesel got her out of her crib today when I was in the bathroom-- thankfully she wasn't dropped. Yikes.

People always say she looks just like Liesel. She'll probably get that her whole life. The other day at the library a new librarian was so distracted by Felicity I couldn't even check out my books. She kept commenting on how perfect, proportional and beautiful she is. 

She has started eating solids and I'm lazier than I've ever been with baby food. I pretty much mash everything with water that we eat in that baby food mill and give it to her. Pancakes with water, chili with water, rice and peas etc. She was eating great for a while and now she's kind of over food and wants to nurse every 2 hours. She WILL NOT take a nap unless I nurse her. Like, absolutely refuses. She's darn right stubborn about it. And in the middle of the night she wakes up as much as 3 times a night still. I indulge her out of laziness and guilt. 

She takes a bottle like a champ. WHY did I not do this before? Formula is like by BFF. I feel no guilt at giving it to her. It makes life so much easier: primary program? check. Family photos? check. Photo biz? check. Dates with B? check. In fact, we went on a 6 HOUR bike ride on Saturday together. It was heaven.So many great things about it. I am a total fan and I actually think it's really sweet and peaceful to watch her drink it down. Even more so than nursing especially now that she has teeth. The girls get to help feed her sometimes and Brian as well. I like sharing that responsibility. I still nurse her 90% of the time or more. Seriously, why did I not do this before? 

I was looking back at photos of F the other day from March and April. Can't believe how much she's changed and grown already. I can't imagine our family without her. She's my little ray of sunshine each day and I dream about her little face when she's asleep. I love her laugh and her cheerful disposition. I love her easy smiles and her cocked head when she eats solids. I love watching her use her hands. We all love our little Felicity. 

1 comment:

Catherine said...

What a little bundle of adorableness! I love her smiles and expressions. I feel like I know her even though I still haven't met her yet because you describe her so vividly. I can't wait to meet her (hopefully this month!!!)