Monday, May 23, 2016

God gave us families.

I've been thinking about love lately. Maybe because I have been husbandless for 70 days. Or maybe because of Lindsey's wedding. Or possibly because almost every night I'm staring into the faces of couples in love as I edit. It is such a miracle to find a partner. That there is another human being that you want to spend your entire eternity with. I get to see Brian this weekend. I can't wait. It makes me hurt for my grandma who has been without my grandpa for 12 years now. I crave his touch and his presence. I feel like a wanderer without him.

I'm in NC. It feels like the peace after the storm. Which is ironic since it's been storming since I got here. But there is so much peace here. I brought my computer so I could work but I feel so far away from everything that I just don't feel like it. That's why I'm blogging instead.

I went to have my hair highlighted today. I wanted to look nice for Brian but let me warn you, you cannot go to Supercuts in North Carolina the same way you can in Utah. I learned this in TX, but had to relearn it here again. My hair looks disastrous. Like yellow, leopard-y and terrible. But oh well.

The girls are SO happy here.

2 comments:

Allison said...

So you got your hair "bleached in strips?" ;) I think we need a photo of that.

Lindsey said...

Ahhh girl I feel the leopard hair pain. If anyone does, it's me!

Love IS a miracle. I feel that EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It is hard but it is miraculous and not hard at the same time. I want Brian and Ang pics after your visit ;) Love ya