Sunday, October 29, 2017

Time Marches On

It's been a great week at the Hays residence. Here are the things that stick out this week:

- The primary program was today. They looked beautiful in their braided hair and bright faces. Yesterday Liesel told me that her line for the program was too short and not what she wanted to talk about. She wanted to write about how she's preparing to be baptized. She wrote her own talk and asked if she could give that instead. I contacted the primary president who said, "absolutely." She seemed incredibly nervous but did a great job reading what she wrote. Hannah shared three lines about saying prayers in her bed when she feels scared at night and how she knows Heavenly Father loves her. I was fine until the Gethseme song and then cried. Something about little children singing about the Atonement when they are so pure goes right to my heart.

- I taught gospel doctrine today about Family History. It was kind of a boring lesson, so I prepared a little 1st person blurb about the life of Caroline Pickles and Emmy Collette. At the beginning of class I told everyone I was inviting a guest in, ran into the hallway for my costume and came in and read the blurb and then ran to get "guest" number two (also me obv), and came in as Emmy and told a brief story about her. I probably should have been more embarrassed than I was, but it was a great attention grabber for the lesson. I enjoy teaching even though I dread the prep.

- After church today we carved about 8 pumpkins that we grew in our garden. The kids loved it and it was the perfect temp outside, so B and I had a good time too. Then we had Brian's co-worker from ISKY over with his girlfriend and the Allreds (it was Clay's b-day) for tikka masala and naan bread. I ate too much and now feel very fat.

- We had a lot of partying this weekend. The Niessen's (sort of a new friend this year) invited us to an adult-only halloween party. Brian went as the American flag and I went as Betsy Ross. The dinner was fancy, her house immaculately decorated and the games were fun. It was cool to hang out with people we didn't know well and make new friends.

- All day Saturday was kind of a whirlwind. I went running up Negro bill at 7am, got back and left to shoot a wedding (my last one of the year!!!). Following the wedding I photographed 7 families in a row! It was pure insanity. But I did feel like I was doing a good thing. I charged only $150 a family (which I think is cheap) but not sure if I can still count is as service necessarily. I wrapped up at sunset and met Brian and the kids at Clay's birthday party where we all ate Mexican and had a great time.

-While I was busy photographing Brian took the kids to Grand Junction to a pumpkin patch that had awesome redneck style activities. For example, a 50 ft pyramid of hay that you climb to reach giant slides. You grab a burlap sack and slide down that at 30mph.  Brian said even he was a little hesitant to go down at first. There was a huge pit of dry corn you could jump into, zip lines, pony rides, train rides and a petting zoo. The kids told me all about it when I got back-- including the part about Felicity stealing a pumpkin and them giving it to her for free.

-Earlier this week when I arrived at the school to pick up Liesel, she had a huge smile on her face. She said, "MOM! I WON the griffin drawing contest!" Over a month ago she had wanted to enter the contest to draw a griffin. I coached her, but didn't draw a single line and I thought she did a great job. She went over it with a thin sharpie and then watercolored it in. Well, she won it! And she said there were posters all over school and she won a griffin figurine given to her by the principal. Everyone was congratulating her and she was both embarrassed and thrilled.

-Early in the week I felt anxious to get out with the kids and play before the weather turns too cold and daylight savings robs us of our after school light. We went out every afternoon until Thursday (I had a shoot and Hannah a b-day party) to play outside somewhere. I love doing that with them.

- Felicity keeps stealing my stuff and breaking my jewelry. Brian found my wedding band in a potted plant in the front yard today. I knew it was missing but had no idea where it was. She broke my favorite turquoise necklace and told me it was "in the sprinkler" but I still can't find it. She refuses to be reverent in prayers but tells me she loves Jesus. Everything she does is cute-- well almost. Every morning until breakfast she's insufferable begging for cereal constantly and throwing a fit when she gets something else for breakfast. Then she's darling until about 5:30pm and then nothing she does is cute and she follows me around crying.

- Pregnancy is going well. I have gotten back into running this past month and can still mountain bike. I'm afraid that as soon as I stop, I won't be able to anymore so I keep trying to go a few times a week. I'm slower than normal, but not too much slower. Baby is moving all over the place and I had an apt. this week and everything looks perfect. I can't believe it's almost november! We need to come up with some names!

How on earth do I always write so much from a normal week? Sheesh. 

I love you all. 

xoxo,
Angela 


Picking up Liesel from school the day she won

I volunteered in her class Thurs and took this pic after helping out. 


American flag and betsy ross

L's talk for the primary program

on a hike with my babes

Hannah's birthday pictures that didn't make it last week! This little cutie: 




No comments: