Monday, July 6, 2009

tree trunk legs and sore backs. . .

Our jobs are going GREAT here at Rocky! It's been an exciting two weeks. We got assigned to removed an abandoned camp (these guys left TONS of junk! Tent, cast iron pan, quart of oil etc) and so we hiked in and got it. This is us on our way to Ouzel Lake last week.



We also had a pretty killer lightning/hail storm:

And I've get assigned to hike in to these amazing cabins and spend the night. There are five on the east side. So far, Brian has been a true to his marathon status and hiked in the 7 miles (up hill) after work and then down before his next shift. This is us at Thunder Lake cabin. . .probably one of my favorites but definitely the most cold! My job has been so awesome; climbing patrols, horse patrols (I got to go to a horse trainig last week that was SO cool-- I felt like I did at nine), and tons of hiking.




6 comments:

sNick said...

TOO COOL! I have to come see you guys!

Sarah said...

What an awesome place/job/couple/cabin..........FUN:)!

Clay Allred said...

That looks sweet guys!

Catherine said...

What a cute little cabin...your job sounds so posh. I have to admit, I almost thought those were pics of your new place. Watch out for hanta virus! (heh heh). Ah, I MISS YOU LAYLA!

Lori said...

Love Colorado...it's so beautiful here. It was fun to see you guys at Sarah and James house. Have fun till we see you again. This time at your place!

Jana said...

Tree trunk legs.. glad to see that you're using my phrase. :) Dang, Ang, I'm bummed that I didn't get to see you and The Man over the summer (or at the beach this month). Oh well, we're heading out again next year. Maybe then!
-Kevin