Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mountain Madness

We climbed the Petit Grepon, an 800ft route in the park. We woke up at 3am which explains the strained look on my face in the photo below. It was a great climb and we even made it to Andrew's 3rd Birthday party that evening in Co Springs!


This past Monday Brian and I climbed Blitzen Ridge, the one on the right in this photo. It took all day, but it was totally worth it. Afterward, we went down the left ridge and then spent a while lounging at the Spectacle Lakes-- one of the most beautiful areas of the park!




On Tuesday and Wednesday I went on a patrol with Michelle in the backcountry. Once again, it was beautiful and a lot of work. Aren't the wildflowers AMAZING???




I feel like we've been so busy lately! And my job is so exhausting that I'm dead by the time I get home. Being here feels funny-- it's such a short season with so much to do that every second we're on the move. Work has been great! Today I rode a horse up to rescue a guy that sprained his ankle.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

So beautiful! Those Colorado Columbines are so much prettier than the desert ones:)

j:) said...

hey angela! your pictures are gorgeous. miss you :)

Clay Allred said...

That peak on Petit looks amazing! Glad to see those mountains are treating you well.