Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teewinot, I love you.


Our sweet cabin-- you can see Cottonwood Creek to the right and Teewinot Mtn. looming above us. The wildflowers are blooming and it has been so beautiful lately! Please ignore everything I'm drying on the picnic table.

Here's a look at the inside: living room, kitchen on left and bedroom door on the right. Our charming bathroom is accessible from the outside only since it was built as an addition to the cabin.

Our room-- Cottonwood Creek is like 20ft from our window, but it is too bright to see the view.

Kitchen. Nothing else to say. We cook in here.

Our gear wall of fame-- includes a large map of the Tetons for trip planning.

Mary and I went for the coolest mtn bike ride through Cache Creek area today. It was SOOO fun! Possibly one of the funnest trails I've ever done. It was sunny, flowers blooming, perfect temperature and of course we finished just in time for thunder and a down pour (but we were already wet from fording the river).

Yesterday I climbed Table Mountain with Sven and Brenna. It was such a blast and glisading down the snow wasn't bad either! I have pictures, but I gave them the memory card (I took their engagement photos up there). . . so that will have to wait.
Wondering where Brian is? We have yet to have the same day off except for Sunday! He's been hiking all over the park on patrol, practiced short-haul for SAR last week and this week is doing a Rigging-for-rescue course. Next week we'll finally have the same days off. . . so stay tuned for more Teton adventures!

11 comments:

Mary Grace said...

loving your posts!! and that we finally hung out so that i am actually in one of them!!! i can get you those rafting pics by the way, from the white water with the scouts, there were some good ones of you :) anyhoo, yeah. i am stoked that summer MIGHT be upon us.

Clay Allred said...

um, should you be busted for faking the bike photo A? I think I see a kick stand there....

Angela said...

I don't even have a kickstand on my bike. . haha! That is the strap hanging down from my clipless pedal!

sNick said...

Woot! I miss the Tetons. Save a piece for me, please!!!

Lindsey said...

fuuuuuuuuuuuun ok I'm coming to visit July 22 weekend. k thanks see you then poopsie!!

Sarah said...

Everything looks fantastic! What an amazing place to live. I love the cabin. And Teewinot, of course.

Mickey said...

Nice cabin. I know Brian's already accustomed to going outside to take a shower.

Aren't the Cache trails great?! I didn't spend nearly enough time over there riding, but then that's because there's so much climbing. Truly an embarrassment of riches.

Alvin said...

Wow...your place is beautiful! What a great place to live. If you ever need a break from the quiet and fresh air your as always your welcome to come stay at our place
in the city. By the way, I still have your Kauai book. Can I mail it to you?

Catherine said...

This cabin is so CUTE! And I'm surprised no mice made it into the photo. :) You have an amazing GORGEOUS view. Ah, I'm SO JEALOUS! Can't wait to see you in like less than 12 hours!!

Allison said...

The cabin is even more fetching in person. And that swollen creek making a bend around your cabin just feet away--nice.

Ivy Chatwin said...

Wow, you have such an awesome adventure of a life! I love reading your posts :)