Friday, January 8, 2016

January's here.

I'll write about our Christmas and vacation when I locate my phone. All the photos are on there and L lost it in the church today. We met up with some other moms and let the kids run wild while we chatted. Best rainy/cloudy/dreary morning activity. But suffice it to say, I'm glad we went and I'm glad it's over. We drove home with both Hannah and Felicity throwing up in the back seat. But it felt so good to be home. 

I went for a long run and felt so good.
Brian set up the new trampoline while I was gone and loves to tease me that he didn't know Santa actually brought it for me... haha. But it's true. I love to jump on it. I love to do seat drops, back drops, flips, handsprings, round offs... all while watching the cows graze, the birds fly overhead and the portal change colors as the sun moves across the sky. And I love that I get that laugh from Liesel  (you know, the one I live for) every time I bounce her high in the air and she lands rolling on the tramp laughing. 

I got sick on Saturday late afternoon. I was throwing up a lot, but I also knew that it would be over in 24hrs. Kind of jump-started my new years weight loss resolution haha. 

Since we've been home, the kids have been playing with their Christmas toys. They didn't get a chance to enjoy them before we left. L put together her entire Lego Animal Rescue Base almost entirely by herself. Hannah has built some beautiful Duplo houses. And Brian and I have tried to iron out all of the kinks in our life: the cars, my Biz, FLETC, de-junking, house maintenance etc. 


January is kind of a depressing month for me. It's so blah. It's usually a time for me to stress about things but also to feel lazy. I'm standing at the top looking at a new year and I have ideas and plans and I'm excited... but you can't really start gardens, or get outdoors, or take vacations, or really do much of anything in January. I always feel like I'm stalling. 

Brian went back to work yesterday for the first time in nearly two weeks. To say that I'm going to miss him this year doesn't cover it. He's my other half. 

In other news we bought a minivan on Tuesday. A minivan that fills me with a lot of guilt. Guilt that our friends gave us too good of a deal, guilt that we probably shouldn't have accepted the deal and guilt that others didn't get the same deal. Our NPS friends had posted it on a Moab Classifieds Facebook page and I saw it within 6 minutes. I was so glad because this never happens to me-- I always miss the deals! Brian was at a SAR meeting, so as soon as he got home we decided to look at it the next morning and told the we would buy it after our test drive. It was too good of a deal to pass up and I LOVE having the extra space. 
the girls playing wedding in their room. Actually, this is Liesel playing wedding and Hannah following orders. 
They have loved having their own cameras. They carry them around capturing the things they think are special. I went through to see when they took photos of: their christmas chocolate, lots of Felicity, silly faces of each other, lots of mom and lots of their legs, the ceiling and unidentified blurs. 
My baby girl. 
Liesel getting ready for her wedding (yikes!) and Felicity's constant smile. 
Hannah takes a bow. 

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I can't get over how cute those wedding dresses are! And I second the fact that the trampoline is awesome. AND can't get enough of Felicities bright eyes!