Thursday, September 25, 2008

Why I love my job. . .

With the return of cool weather came backcountry patrols. I came up with this idea to bike 50 miles of the White Rim and contact visitors, and then patrol a trail that led up back to the Mesa top. Then I'd hike down the trail the next morning and bike more and then take another trail back up to the Mesa top. Bry biked the whole White Rim last week pulling a trailer with all of his stuff. Man, I love this place! Our jobs will be ending pretty soon and I can't say I'm excited (nervous is more like it). We still don't know what's next, but Alaska is definitely out of the question.




3 comments:

Logan said...

No Alaska huh? I was hoping for some wild stories about falling in love with a half-wolf half-dog, or discovering gold and fighting off the robbers.

Catherine said...

Beautimous pics! It was fun to talk to you today...I hope you got some food in your system.

love you mucho!
~Cath

William Cobb said...

i can do all that as a bum/hippy and not even have to work! ha!