Tuesday, November 11, 2008

treasure challenge

For our anniversary yesterday Angela sent me on a ranger's treasure hunt; I'm serious, I think I covered about 3 miles by running and on a mountain bike. She had me dig through dirt, look under rocks, scrape through bushes, peek around buildings, scamper across slickrock, look through vehicles, search behind pictures, crack open sheds, run to this trailhead, bike to that overlook, and wonder where I was going to go next! Luckily I finished before dark without serious injury.

She's off to Zion now with two of her girlfriends/coworkers since she's done with her season, so I'm manning the place alone here for a few days.

4 comments:

William Cobb said...

so what did you find?

Brian Hays said...

The hunt was a "payday" hunt. I found a payday bar, a new razor (I've had the same Mach 3 since like 8th grade), an iTunes giftcard, a $5 Wendy's gift certificate (Angela always resists me buying hamburgers - not that I eat many, probably 10 a year - but she broke down I guess and bought me the certificate as kind of a joke, and the best present was a coupon book with things like a "get out of jail free card", "any chore card", and "you pick the ice cream card". We always have debates about ice cream. Angela likes goobers (chocolate, marshmellows, gobs of cookie dough, etc...) and I like plain old fruit ice cream; like strawberry.

Sarah said...

Brian, I thought you theoretically like the fruit icecream, but eat Angela's first:)

Catherine said...

That scavenger hunt sounds fun! I was wondering what the deal was behind the Wendy's card I saw in the photo. :)