Friday, November 28, 2008

Two seasons, two holidays, one week

We've had Brian's family here at ISKY visiting us this week. It has been really fun! These pictures are from the most recent activity today to Monday.

Up in the La Sal Mountains getting our Christmas tree! Only 5 dollars for a permit and pleanty of fun. His whole family came with us and we hiked through the snow until we found the perfect tree that "spoke to us"-- yes we did find it. More to come. . .

Our Haysflower compact-- we made this grateful list while we ate dinner.

So, we didn't have anywhere to put everyone in while we ate dinner, so I decided that we should use the shed/barn next to our house. We moved the picnic table in, made a centerpiece out of all of the dried plants in town, hung twinkle lights from the many nails and used my new 'stoneware' dishes.

On monday brian and I went to Robber's Roost near the maze and did Blue John Canyon (yeah, the one that guy cut his arm off in a few years ago). We had an epic adventure going down all four forks of the canyon (down little, up main, down east, up west fork). It was all day canyon-goodness. We had quite the adventure going down east fork-- the tightest squeeze I've ever seen. So tight in fact, the another group who had done it in November scratched onto the wall "Do Not Enter; Dead End 11/08." It was a little creepy, but we made it through despite the warning.

3 comments:

Clay Allred said...

coooool. Did you see Aaron's finger bones under a rock?

Jerry said...

Great pictures, Ang! I love the Haysflower thankful list (although I didn't see myself listed on there :) and the barn setup for Thanksgiving. Looks like you guys have had fun this Thanksgiving break. P.S. I'm glad you made it out of that canyon alive and with all your limbs.
-Em

Chris Andrew said...

That slot canyon was my favorite! Did you see the blood marks and the R.I.P.?