Thursday, March 26, 2009

Monster



I climbed Monster Tower with my buddy Ben Cooper yesterday. Burliest tower I have ever climbed. Four pitches, 500 feet, lots of off-width. We started just before 10am and were off at 4:30. I did this as a climbing patrol for work to check out the route, inspect anchors, and to be familiar with the tower in case I have to rescue a climber off of it in the future.
Angela and Krissy biked 25 miles from our house to the base of the tower and met us as we hiked down.
This is the coolest summit of any tower I've been on yet! Beautiful.

5 comments:

tl said...

Ang-
I just found your blog and I love it. I have a blog too, but it is private. If you want an invitation to view it e-mail me at teishaandjake@gmail.com
We are getting ready to move to Delaware.

Clay Allred said...

dude, that's amazing

Pete said...

I am so impressed. That just looks mind boggling that a human being could sit on top of that. And to have that be one of my best friends, well, I am proud of you. We will have to talk soon.

j:) said...

you are soo cool. I don't really know what else to say.

Jerry said...

That's amazingly impressive, Brian! In case anyone wasn't sure of your abilities before, they are now. Very cool!