Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rocky Mountain Fever

Bry got the job! We're moving to Rocky Mountain National Park May, 25. It looks like we'll both work here (hopefully) at Canyonlands until mid-May and then go to Yosemite while Brian climbs The Nose (longest route on El Capitan). I'm hoping we'll have another one of these posts soon that says "Ang got the job!" . . .but for now I'm still waiting.

ROCKY facts:

-- it's in Colorado (two hours from Sarah! One hour from Denver, 30 mins from Boulder).
-- Lots of high peaks (14,000), snowy mountains, grass, trees, rain. Pretty much the exact opposite of Moab.
-- It gets about 4 million visitors. . .that is about 9 times as much as Canyonlands!
-- Bry will be a GS-7. . . that's good news.
-- We'll be living at the base of Long's Peak.
-- We'll probably only be there until Sept.
-- and like always, we'll love visitors.

6 comments:

sNick said...

Congrats Bry! I'm going to do my best to come visit you guys. Ang, I'm sure you'll get a position as well. I'd hire you!

The Gerharts said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to come and visit you guys!

Clay Allred said...

Yea Brian! But did you seriously have to get a job somewhere else right as we move to Moab?

Tamara said...

Congratulation, Brian! We're excited you guys are coming to Rocky. We'll have to get together some time while you're here. We'd love to meet your Angela!

Becky said...

If you didn't know I am getting married and will be in colorado springs in August! But I really want to know Ang where did you get your flowers and did you rent or buy your dress??

Lori said...

This is a HUGE HURRAY coming from the Zenger cousins in Windsor! We will officially be the family members living closest to you. Congrats on getting the job. Mind if we tag along on a couple of hiking excursions? My boys would love it! Can't wait to see you in May! You will love Colorado!