Monday, September 14, 2009

Oh, to be a Hatch Girl

About a month ago, three of my sisters came up to visit and go backpacking with me through the park (Emily couldn't make it because she had to take care of her kids). We hiked to a backcountry cabin and spent the next two days exploring the area. My mom even hiked up to meet us the last day! It was great. Being a Hatch girl is pretty much the coolest thing ever and if you backpack with us. . .


You wouldn't be eating freeze dried pasta and granola bars-- you'd get french toast, sushi, pasta alfredo and bagel sandwiches!



You'd be too adventurous for the trails and you'd have your very own NPS backcountry guide to the prettiest alpine lakes in the park.


You'd take an average of 356 photos over 48hrs. That's one photo every 4.5 minutes of daylight. Nothing in your life would be documented better.




You'd dress with style. No further comment needed.


And of course the only silence on the trip would be the half second after someone says "Smile!" and snaps a shot.

My mom also came to visit that weekend and she was a trooper! We did an 8 or 9 mile hike up to Sky Pond on Monday after our backpack. It was so GREAT to have her here! It's hard being so far from home all the time-- What a treat!

8 comments:

sNick said...

I could be wrong, but is Lindsey sporting the puffy that you vomited in several times? ;)

Fern said...

What beautiful pictures! It looks like you all had a wonderful time together.

j said...

Where's the write up about the narrow escape from the stalking mountain lion?

Cherise Burk said...

I love being a Burk... but if I couldn't be, I think I'd want to be a Hatch girl :)
Loved your post Ang!

Chris Andrew said...

Wow, you're so freakin cool! Brian's one lucky dude.

Jerry said...

FABULOUS post, Ang! Couldn't agree more - even though I wasn't there to enjoy the good times. I laughed a couple of times at your commentary - so true and so well stated. LOVE YOU! And next time... I want to BE THERE!

Lindsey said...

To Snick: Yes, YES.

To Ang: Thanks for this post, it made me happy to be a Hatch sister! Good times. I miss you!

Lori said...

Cute post...I love being a Smith girl...but also love being a Hatch girl cousin! You guys ROCK!