Thursday, February 4, 2010

For your Reading Rainbow pleasure


My favorite Reading Rainbow episode of all time is the one where Lavar teaches you how make cheese. On the rare occasion I recieved a bag of potato chips as a child, I remember inventing an entire facotry and playing through the process in my mind of making a single chip. And since I've always appreicated a good process (esp when it pertains to food) and since pomegranate juice is a whopping $18 a quart and since posting a process seems like such a blog-y thing to do, here is how its done:

First, get a bunch of poms free from CA (Brian's mom gave us two boxes full)


Then, seed them all in a bucket of water. Aren't they beautiful?


Then blend them in the blender (this is my favorite part-- so cool).


Strain the pulpy mass through a cheese cloth (or an old curtain in this case).

And voila! A half gallon of juice that only took 2.5 hrs to produce. A small price to pay when you live in a single room miles from town all by yourself all day and no job. Uh . . . see ya.

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yum! That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Maybe you should make a goal to stop saying "uh see ya." Or did you just want me to make that goal so you could steel my phrase? You'll have to pay me 25 cents if that's the case.

Clay Allred said...

That's awesome! Ha.

Unknown said...

Looks good!

Do you have to add anything else to the juice?

Jacqueline

Sarah said...

Pomegranates have brought more happiest days on earth than any other fruit--overwhelmingly so.

Catherine said...

I am so craving pom juice right now. If only I had a mother in law that would send me some poms...

j:) said...

you are awesome

j:) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerry said...

Will you do another process post, Ang? And tell me how on earth you get SEVEN comments on one post in TWO days! I still think that might be more amazing that your curtain-strained pom juice (although the juice does look tasty...mmm).

Leslie said...

yummy! that looks so fresh and beautiful!

Allison said...

Actually, the poms were given to me by a widow because Matt had pruned all her fruit trees during Christmas break, just because he or Brian always do that for her for free. So...Angela also made pomegranate jelly for Matt from that juice. Thanks, Angela!