Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Everything's under control

Daily Herald - 24 March 2010

“Let me get this straight. We’re trying to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t understand it, passed by a congress that hasn’t read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president that also is exempt from it and hasn’t read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn’t pay his taxes, all to be overseenby a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that’s broke.” Tom Trinnaman, Pleasant Grove, Utah

This isn't really a political statement from me or anything, but I did think this was telling. I don't know enough about the new "health care reform law" to make an informed decision, but I'm extremely curious how it will translate for every-day folk like myself.

I also find it ironic that the gov has been so gung-ho that "EVERYONE MUST HAVE HEALTHCARE" when (hello!!) Brian and I have been working for them for two years now and they have managed to weasle out of giving us benefits by calling us seasonal employees (despite being employeed for 23 of those 24 months) and making every appointment a few hours short of requiring healthcare. Hmmmmm.

4 comments:

sNick said...

That's because the government's interest in Health care has nothing to do with altruism - it's all about power. They are building a machine.

Clay Allred said...

A-to the freaking-men

Jerry said...

No offense to your government-sponsored jobs, but I have yet to see any "program" established by the government that was effective. And as you know, I have administered some of those government programs. It was a sad day when this passed...despite the massive majority of opponents to the plan.

Christina said...

well said.