Monday, October 18, 2010

I love hiking with a bowling ball under my shirt.


Every year since I can remember my family has always had a fall camp out. We would load up the van with camping gear and head into the Appalachians of the North Carolina to see the patchwork of color spread over the rolling hills. It was also an excuse for us kids to gorge on Dinty Moore Beef Stew and homemade apple crisp. Brian and I decided to keep the tradition alive and drive up to the La Sals last weekend with Austin (B's friend from high school) and his girlfriend Mariana. It was F-U-N. B showing off his man skills and the fire where we cooked our tinfoil dinners, apple crisp and smores.


The next morning B and Austin ran around tipping over tall dead trees.

Hottie in the Aspens.

The aspens actually were really yellow and beautiful, but these photos were taken at a lower elevation and they were still kind of green. Oh well. . .

And today we hiked Courthouse wash in Arches to "the tunnel."

Meditating on the red rocks; part of my pre-labor preparation (kidding. . .)
The tunnel! It was kind of a doozy to get into this thing. Brian was cracking up just watching me.


The martyr himself. B does not love hiking; nor does he love hiking in the same park that he works in all week. This is him being a champ:

35 weeks baby!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Your campout looks like fun!! I'm glad you could fit through the tunnel. I can't believe how much your belly actually looks like a bowling ball. :) And you manage to look quite comfortable in your yoga pose! I can't even look that comfortable non- pregnant when I do that. :)

ps: great to talk to you yesterday!

Lindsey said...

oh my gosh why doesn't anyone comment on my blog??

Probably bc I'm not the CUTEST pregnant LADY EVER! love the pics. Can't wait to see you and the little Hays in your womb

Jerry said...

Props to you both for keeping the fall campout tradition alive, Ang and Bri! And props to Brian for being such a champ about it! And double props to Angela for squeezing into that T-shirt still (that made me laugh out loud!). Your campout looks like fun!

Laura Anderson said...

Alvin tried to tip over dead trees on our last hike. I had never seen anything like it. I must not get out enough.

Miles watched the first attempt with curiosity, then found his own tree to push over.

Chris Andrew said...

So glad you're are back for the winter! I love hanging out with ya guys.

Leslie said...

i've always wanted to go to the tunnel. you'll have to give us the beta on how to get there. could we make it up with a baby bjorn? you are so fit for 35 weeks! i'm pretty sure you could out-hike me any day.

sNick said...

I love your posts. You have blown every preconceived notion I've ever had about pregnancy completely out of the water. Once again, you've taught me that we set our OWN limits. Keep on rockin'.

Ryan said...

Whoah Angela you are pregnant huh!

Mickey said...

Bowling ball is accurate. You're one of those people who look fake-pregnant. Or maybe it's the fact that I don't usually see pregnant women hiking around or camping.

You guys are gonna be awesome parents.