Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Like a storm in the desert


It's good to be back in Moab. I love this place. The day before yesterday after bry and I got all of our errands out of the way, we went up Long Canyon to do a little hiking (for me) and climbing (for him).

In front of Maverick Buttress.

We made it up to this sweeet spot on the cliff. It was beautiful!
Brian was DYING to climb. I know he's been a "climbing ranger" all summer, but there really is nothing like desert crack. We met up with Bobby and luckily they got right on the climb because a storm was rolling in:



It was thundering and pouring rain after about 20 minutes. I'd say hearing Brian shout how much fun it was while climbing made it worth it for only one climb (although I didn't climb at all, so no worries). It was a pretty cool storm-- wind blowing up canyon, thunder and dark clouds.

Jug-handle arch and a rainbow:
The drive home is next to the Colorado River. . . pretty beautiful!

3 comments:

The Gerharts said...

Moab is truly beautiful! What great pictures. I can't imagine a more picturesque background for a belly shot than yours on the cliff -- you look great! Glad you're back and enjoying life =)

Sarah said...

I really like all of these pictures! The colors are amazing in the last one.

Catherine said...

Ah, you are so lucky to live in serenity.