Friday, October 1, 2010

S[t]AR


So I have to brag about my man sometimes. This past weekend he went on 3 SARS in two days (luckily I was out of town visiting my sister Sarah and my Mom in Colorado Springs and not whining that I was home alone). One of them required a 300/400ft raise (shown above) to rescue a man who had been trapped for three days. I've heard from several people that he did an AWESOME job. He had the most technical rescue experience of anyone on the team and organized much of the rescue effort (helicopter, rope systems, the rescue plan, etc). I got this photo from Sharon's facebook (thanks!) and I think B is the one in the gray shirt.

I also had an amazing weekend! I drove to Colorado Springs to visit Mom and Sarah (and my nephews and niece)! I realized on my drive home how completely hopeless B and I would have been trying to shop for all that baby gear on our own. I really put those ladies to work running errands for me! We managed to squeeze in a lot of fun and chat time; hiked at Garden of the Rocks, ate out, watched a movie, talked, etc. Unfortunately I forgot my camera and didn't get photos! I am getting beyond excited. . . especially with all the baby gear piling up. Two months!

4 comments:

Jerry said...

WAY TO GO, Brian!! I guess between the two of you, you guys are all about making lives better - for those rescued after 3 days stranded (again, AWESOME, Brian!) and preparing for the newest little life to come. So excited for you both!

Lindsey said...

Dude sometimes I even find myself bragging about my brother in law Brian. HA!

Oh and my hott cool sister Angela! BTW I'm sooooooooo excited for the babyster to be birthed into this world. I seriously am excited.

I'm going to add my usual complaint: need more pregnancy pictures hello! You are going to be such a good mom, Ang. Can't wait.

sNick said...

Dude, I brag about you two, and I'm not even related!

Catherine said...

B - so stinkin' awesome! Congrats! Was the guy ok?

A - I'm so happy to hear that you are EXCITED about the baby! I looked up the caboose stroller that you told me you bought and it looks amazing!