Sunday, March 25, 2012

River Rendezvous

I can't think of a time when I have said "no" to getting on the river. As a matter of fact, I can't think of a time when I've said "no" to just about anything involving the outdoors. Last week the Allred's invited me to join them on a little river excursion. I promptly suggested we make it even more complicated by adding in an overnight with babies really close to their bedtime, paddling in the dark and an incredible amount of logistics  . . . luckily they had the smarts to turn me down (and instead a bunch of us got together for burritos and The Hunger Games). 

The best part of the river for me this year was watching Liesel enjoy it. She shouted "WA WA!" when we went through the little riffles. She joined Owen in playing with the bucket and sponge (and fell into it three times. You'd think I would notice the trend. . .). She was loving playing in the sand and ate her first M&M. Side note: she eats everything really really fast unless it's delicious -- then she savors it very very slowly. 

Okay-- this photo makes it look like I under-dressed my child. But I was hot and about to take off my jacket. 

BEACH! Sand in my mouth! Sand in my diaper! Sand in my hands, skin, hair and fingernails! YEAH!!!


The Allred's were awesome to let us come along! The only thing wrong with our river adventure was that it was missing Brian. . . I guess we'll just have to go again!

6 comments:

Ryan said...

This looks like so much fun!! I love how easy-going lil' L is...and I didn't think you underdressed her till you mentioned it. Sounds like a perfect adventure!

Ryan said...

This was Cath actually.

Lindsey said...

I love, Ang, how you capture L's life so well in the pictures - capturing her experiencing new sensations. AWESOME, I love it!. And those pics of her on the river are tots adorbs. soooo cute!

Allison said...

Miss you guys. I love those photos of Ivy's wedding on your photographer link.

gc.hatch said...

Looks like Liesel is on her way to loving river adventures as much as her mommy does!

Laura Anderson said...

Love the tiny pigtails.
What did you think of Hunger Games?
I wish we could fly you out here to take some family photos for us - your pics are always beautiful.