Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Earth Day

So I've seen people share their favorite earth photos from the previous year for Earth Day. I think it's a great idea and want to start up the tradition! Doing it made me realize how blessed I am to live on such an amazingly diverse earth-- and how many beautiful things I got to see in 2011. Planet Earth is an incredible place and I want to do a better job at taking care of her. 
Needles, January

Apricot Orchard, September

Yellowstone Prismatic spring, May

Sea of Cortez, February

Spring snowfall in the Tetons, June

Teton visitor, July

San Juan Mountains Colorado, January

Balsmroot in the Tetons (by Lindsey), August

Desert Storm; Me, L, Mary and B-rad at False Kiva Island in the Sky, March

White Pine and moss, June

Claret Cup cactus, April (by Lindsey)

Mom and Baby moose, Cascade Canyon, June

Avalanche Divide Grand Teton, September

Landscape Arch, October

Capitol Reef apple orchard, September

Indian Creek color, October

Bison, August 

And does it get any more earthy than this? Breastfed blowout, March

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

#1 I liked my shoutout, Very subtle, but well placed

#2 gross blowout

#3 happy earth day!

#4 miss your face!

sNick said...

Wow, I was starting to think the earth was really cool until that last shot.

Mary Grace said...

stoked i made it into the post:) but your blog makes me feel earthy every time i read it, not just on earth day :)

Allison said...

Favorite picture (without Liesel in it) is the spring snow in the Tetons.
So very nice. And, based on the shape of the poopstain, I see Texas in Liesel's future.

Allison said...

Favorite picture (without Liesel in it) is the spring snow in the Tetons.
So very nice. And, based on the shape of the poopstain, I see Texas in Liesel's future.

The Gerharts said...

Wow, what a gorgeous recap of all the beautiful places you visited last year! LOL on the poop, SO been there!

Laura Anderson said...

I like the red cactus blossoms and the apricot orchard. And the blowout. We're still having those almost daily around here. Amazing what a bright mustard yellow those babies can produce. :)

Catherine said...

awesome. love it.