Wednesday, October 30, 2013

the explorers.

I feel like I could say so much about them, but I don't have the time. I absolutely love this photo of Liesel walking to her Aunt Lindsey and Hannah. These kids are growing up. We had a pumpkin party tonight. L just seemed so happy. She wanted all the jack-o-lanterns to be happy ones. She begged for more pumpkin ice cream and daddy caved. She sang herself to sleep; "round and round the garden goes the little bear . . ." and I heard a few 'Nephi's' in there too. She is becoming such a sweet girl. Genuinely sweet. She still yells at me, "Stop it!" and she even told me I was mean yesterday because I wouldn't let her watch Cinderella. 

But overall, she is darling. I can't get through books with her these days-- she asks what everyone is saying, where there mommy is, if they're happy. . . etc. She is so articulate and intelligent. Today she wanted to lick her dum-dum and then have me wrap it up again. Then she would un-wrap it. I did it twice and when she asked me to do it again I said, "No, I'm driving and I don't want to keep doing that over and over again." To which she replied: "It's not over and over again. It's just three times."She says things like this all. the. time. All I can do is laugh and tell her what a smarty-pants she is. 

Hannah went down the red slide all by herself today- multiple times. And she loved it! She was laughing and playing like she thought she was three-years-old. I was so cute to watch her little hands and smiling face twirl all the way down. I had to follow her just so I could watch. Every time. Liesel fell asleep driving home from Moab, so I had a rare hour by myself with hannah. We played in the fake food and read lots of books. She was so happy. I went to answer the phone and she bawled. I came right back and she was happy again. Her favorite book is the Big Animal Book. All I have to do is sit on the floor and she crawls over and plops herself in my lap. If I choose a different book, she'll pick that one back up again. She clings to me like a little koala. 

3 comments:

gc.hatch said...

Why can't we live closer? I'd love to be that person in the woods!

Allison said...

That Liesel is smart...and is growing up.

Catherine said...

I love these descriptions of the kids. Makes me feel like I'm right there! I love the woods pic!