Tuesday, October 22, 2013

We own a piece of the earth

so maybe it's a field of tumbleweeds . . .

But it's ours!

And not gunnalie, owning dirt in the most beautiful place in the entire world (ok, I'm biased-- but I'm a desert girl all the way) is incredible. I still remember visiting this town when I was eight years old over 20 years ago. And again in college several times. And when I was dating Brian. And then when I was  not dating Brian. And then again when I was dating Brian. So many memories here:

of hand jams at indian creek
rappelling the canyons
singing on main street with my guitar
eating at the 'remove the dam' ice cream shop
hiking delicate arch a dozen times
surrying slickrock
rafting cataract canyon
wearing the green and gray proudly
parties with friends of a lifetime
pregnancies
first babies
bike rides
and climbing . . . so much climbing
loving our ward and the people in it
living at the Island (back when I thought that was remote)
swimming in puddles and creeks
raft trips . . . so many raft trips

and now it's real. 

This little spot that has held my heart for so long
and always felt like home
is now officially
gonna be 
home. 

7 comments:

gc.hatch said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful little spot. . . tumbleweeds and all!

Emily said...

Oh, you sound so happy! I glad you own your own little piece of Moab heaven!

Allison said...

I'm so excited. What a great place to live...sometime soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Gerharts said...

Congratulations! It's such a gorgeous place to build a house and am so excited for you!

Drew & Becky said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations! Wow, that is so fun (and ambitious :) to build your own place! That's awesome!

Catherine said...

I love your writing and I love that you finally get a piece of earth to call your own! So excited for you and B!!