Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Life Lately


Hannah will often just lounge out like this in the most random places. It is hilarious. 
We had a going away party for Jacob and Meredith (we totally miss them already! Liesel asks about them almost every day)-- Corndogs and minute to win it games. Seriously good times. 
Jacob and Skyler competing for the Slickrock cinema movie ticket by sucking M&Ms with a straw. Heidi and Brynlee are behind them.
Hannah LOVES phones. She gets so ticked if I take it away from her and loves pushing the buttons and pretending to talk. Isn't her pink camo jumpsuit super redneck? Brian dirt biking, Hannah in camo-- next thing you know we'll be driving a Ford truck with an anti-Obama bumper sticker.  
 Liesel is turning three next week. I can hardly believe it. Life around here has changed so much in the last few weeks. The Penrods moved 3 doors down. It is like a miracle occurred for us-- life feels so different. The past 15 months, there were so many mornings where I would wake up and wonder what I was going to do with the gals. I would find myself walking circles around the kitchen. There used to be one or two things to look forward to each week: a trip to Moab, a visitor coming down, a potluck with the employees. Now that we have neighbors (and neighbors who we already know and love with two girls our exact girls ages), it feels like a whole new place. The three-year-olds fight (so do the 1-year-olds in fact!) and there are still dull moments, but I honestly don't know what I would have done with Liesel had they not moved down. 


In other news:
 The November sky has been amazing. It seriously blows my mind every morning. 

Hannah stands up all the time. She has taken steps independently (about 3-4 in a row) and could totally walk if she wanted to. But she usually plops down again and starts crawling. She stands up frequently and just stands there. She is a little artist. The toy that captures her attention longest in the house is the easel. If she's ever quiet for an extended period of time, I know just where to find her. Crayon or marker in hand. She is still a mama's girl, but she now gets insanely excited when daddy comes home. It is so cute. 

Hannah and Liesel now share a room. They are doing great at it and both seem to love it. 

Liesel is a sassy pants lately. Nothing makes me feel like I'm failing as a parent more than hearing her scream at me, shove her hand out and yell, STOP IT! It is painfully embarrassing. She is really grumpy and acts out whenever we have company. She has also started being sneaky. Yesterday she drank a whole cup of syrup we left on the table after breakfast and today she was grabbing fistfuls of grape jelly and shoving them into her mouth before I caught her. Maybe she's sugar deprived. As a matter of fact, she is sugary sweet (complete with batting eye-lashes) whenever there is a treat involved. 
The other day she climbed into Hannah's crib at 6:30am and proceeded to wash Hannah's hair by dumping half a bottle of shampoo on her head and in her eyes. I cannot get her to do anything I want her to lately, which makes me so glad I didn't wait to potty train her. 
She also loves to draw and yesterday drew a picture of Rupunzel's horse. Usually when I ask her to tell me about her picture, it's a monster or a shark and the whole page looks like sharp teeth. She loves asking Brian to draw scary things, like a shark eating a cat (which of course he obliges-- during sacrament meeting). But at least when I ask her if they are scary or nice, she almost always says 'nice.' 
She actually has started to play with Hannah nicely and several times a day I'll find them together. They both like to sit together on one chair to watch Daniel Tiger while I make dinner. She does usually help me pick up the house pretty well.
Her prayers crack me up. For about two weeks she would always say, "we thank thee for baby spoons, mommy spoons, daddy spoons, grandma spoons. . ." ? 



6 comments:

Allison said...

I'm all for the pink camo suit. It looks so huggable.

Lindsey said...

Cute post. I especially loved the description of Liesel- HILARIOUS. but only hilarious because she's not my child - I'm sure dealing with the 'tude and tantrums and such is a pain, but I think it's hilarious. And a cup of syrup? Seriously? Hahaha. I miss you guys! Will you PLEASE move to salt lake???? xox
PS hannah bo bannah is gettin big, too...MISS YOU!

Emily said...

If Liesel is just starting to steal food off the table, then I'd say you're doing alright. Megan's been snitching butter off the table for months. Somehow syrup sounds better than butter to me, but maybe it's just a "not my child" thing...Hang in there, Ang! Liesel will grow out of this stage someday.. :)

Dan~Alyssa said...

A lot of the time on blogs I skip the long paragraphs and just check out the pics....but I can't do that with yourS! Not only are you an amazing photographer, but you take me vicariously on all your adventures! AND, you can put it all into words 100X better than I could. Plus you make being a stay at home mom look good! I love hearing about your girls and I literally busted out laughing to read about little Leisel. Maybe its because I can see our little Calvin doing the same things, somee even now...and how funny is that about the shark eating a cat? Hannah's getting so big too! She'll be on the move chasing her big sis in no time! Love your blog! Love you!

Catherine said...

Ok, so I thought that Hannah was a baby doll in that one pic of her lying flat on the rock. HILARIOUS! I seriously laughed out loud once I read that it was Hannah. Haha!

gc.hatch said...

I LOVE your descriptions of the girls! Just look at them starting to "unfold their wings" and test the limits of their boundaries! And yes, you ARE a good mother!
(I can't believe the sunsets on the desert!! They are amazing!)