Friday, November 15, 2013

U-turn canyon Arches Nat'l Park

 *all photos by Nicki Preece and Leslie Allred


You know that really dorky bumper sticker? The "I'd rather be ________" ? 
Well, if I owned one of those really dorky bumper stickers and plastered it on the back of my overly-used-I-can't-beleive-it-has-never-broken-down Honda, it would probably say something really cliche like this: I'd rather be outside having great conversations with my friends and my man. Although that bumper sticker refers to doing ______ as opposed to doing your day job. And my day job as a mama is pretty awesome. 

So maybe I should edit that bumper sticker to say I'd rather be doing that at least once a week, preferably 4x a week. 

I met Nicki while working at Badger Creek and we became fast friends. Fast forward ten years (10?!!) to the present and we realized it had been too long since we got together. The next day she was on the road driving all the way to the Needles to hang out. She brought her very chill friend and the next day we were back on the road to Moab (after I found my keys that I had left in a bush while running. Who does that??! I was finally like, "oh yeah, I left my keys in a bush b/c I got tired of them jingling). 

Anyway-- we picked up leslie, dropped of the gals at the sitter and spent three hours scrambling to the top of the Entrada cliffs in Arches and rappelling back down again. 

I feel so lucky to have such great friends. And I am so sad to see SLC claim another one of them soon. Although I really shouldn't complain. . .there are much further cities out there! So don't get any ideas, ok Leslie? :) 

3 comments:

Allison said...

I love where you leave your keys when you're out and about. Looks like it was a beautiful fall day!

Lindsey said...

Wish I could join - looks like a BLAST!!!!!

Catherine said...

Charmed life, girl!