Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Thanksgiving Needles-style

Matt, Mom, Brian, Hannah, Me & Liesel (Brian's family arrives to the Needles!)
Wooden shoe arch// Uncle Matt & the gals
Liesel running from Monsters-- a favorite pastime with Owen
Liesel and Grandma 
Allred clan- Sam, Leslie & Clay (top) Owen (bottom)
O & L in a very healthy juniper// Liesel screaming and running from another monster (in the form of Clay)
blurry, but too sweet not to share. I love how sweetly they are looking at one another!
Buds. These guys navigate the rocks, crevices and caves better than any 3-year-old I know
My cutie Miss Nah-Nah
This is to the best picture of our babies: Sam & Hannah, but I tried. 
Thanksgiving was held Needles style this year. Meaning, we didn't leave for Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving came to us. And early! Allison and Matt showed up Sunday evening and Liesel ran out as soon as that car pulled up to give grandma the biggest bear-hug ever. Liesel didn't need any warming up to their familiar faces, but Hannah is a little more wary and it took a few days of whining at mama's feet. They both loved their uncle Matt as well. It was pretty sweet to see them interact with him while he read them books, played games and did pretty much anything they asked.

Brian was gone on a SAR for Sun-Mon. I don't think we have ever had a thanksgiving week where he wasn't called out on a rescue.

Brian was gone when they showed up, but we still had a good day on Monday playing around on the rocks and in the house. Tuesday we climbed the six-shooter and Wednesday we spent the day in Moab. Thursday we woke up and immediately started preparing the feast! I had three ovens to work with since I pretty much made myself at home with the empty apt. next door and used the Penrod's as well. The Allreds showed up later that afternoon and we all met up with Brian to do a quick run in the park. It is hands down my favorite run-- the patchy snow wasn't a problem and even though it was cloudy and dreary, I had a blast. It is so fun running with other people and as Leslie pointed out, Brian and I had never done it together! I might also add that it was the most people I had ever seen on that trail EVER. Like x10.

When we got back we ate our feast and talked until 11pm (gasp!). It was great.

Friday we did cross fit Needles, and Leslie and I went running again. I guess that's what you do when you have nothing else to do and willing babysitters-- run again! And again! At least it kept the butter coursing through my veins at bay.

Saturday we hiked the campground loop again and I waved goodbye to our company and hello to the mounds of laundry I had neglected all week.

All in all, another wonderful thanksgiving filled with family, friends and food. 

1 comment:

gc.hatch said...

Sounds like the best Thanksgiving ever!