Sunday, February 28, 2016

Hannah and her antics.

Every single day she is the first to wake up. She goes right to Felicity's room and opens the door. Which wakes Felicity up and then Hannah shouts to the whole house that Felicity is awake!! This drives me nuts. I really can't stand that she wakes this poor sleeping baby up every day, but with no lock I really can't stop it. 

Hannah is religious about her morning chart. Often she won't even appear in my bedroom until she's dressed, gone potty, brushed teeth and said her prayer. Speaking of getting dressed, I have finally realized that half of her pants are considered "too big" by her standards. Any pants that have a wide leg (that don't taper close to her ankle) are considered too big. Lucky for her, skinny is all the fashion. ;) 

The other day I was playing with her on a rare morning where she didn't do her morning chart. We were playing in the dollhouse and she jumps up suddenly and says, "I gonna go brush my teef betuz that stinky air keeps going in and out and in and out." 

She really fixates on things she thinks are gross and her look of disgust is HILARIOUS. I mean, if you looked up the definition of disgust in the dictionary there would be Hannah's picture making this face. I was talking to her the other day and she looks at me with disgust and says, 'Mommy, der's a really yucky string of spit going from this lip (points to top) to this lip (points to bottom) on your mouf." She looked genuinely grossed-out. 

It is absolutely impossible to make Hannah do something. If you want this child to shut down, scream, hit and growl, tell her she has to do X. Every time it happens all I can think in my head is "fifteen. . . fifteen. . .fifteen." 

We were reading the Book of Mormon before bed the other night and we got to the part where they talk about Laman, Lemuel and their wives etc dancing and speaking with much rudeness. When I asked the girls what they thought that meant, Hannah in all seriousness says, "Dey were dancing in der undies saying "naked bum-bum" and stuff like dat." Yep, Hannah. That's exactly right. Of course I had to turn and look the other way so she wouldn't see me cracking up (laughing at her is a capitol offense!!!)

She is my little sous chef. I know if I'm cooking something (especially a really yummy something like today's mud cookies) those little feet with pad over, she'll grab a chair with both hands and push it wherever I am. Observing, stirring, pouring and tasting. If it is something "bee-yah!" (remember that face of disgust? Insert here) then she'll be there to tell me how unhappy she is that I'm making it. She is pretty darn good at peeling cucumbers, carrots and sweet potatoes. She holds the mixer for forever. And I can count on her to crack a darn good egg and remove all shells. And to steel copious amounts of cheese, apple etc. 

We played soccer outside today as a family. She is a good little athlete when she feels like it. We went on a 3 mile mountain bike ride-- one with several rocks, bumps and elevation for a 3-year-old. She did pretty darn well despite telling me her arms and legs were so so tired at the end. When Brian and I left to go mountain biking last night on our date, she was upset that she couldn't come because she "really likes mountin biking guys."

She's independent. She's a nurturer. She's always taking care of her babies in such a cute way. When I push the foot to make it cry, she smiles and bounces her up and down while patting her back. It's the most darling thing to see a toddler baby a baby doll. She also draws sicknesses on her and wacks her head against the bedpost, though. :) The other day she wanted to help Felicity say her prayer at night. It was so sweet. 

We went to a restaurant high up on a cliff that overlooks town called The Sunset Grill for a fundraiser for an acquaintance who has brain cancer. She was so impressed with the restaurant and had such a good time eating her giant plate of spaghetti that she told me today, "Dat tree in front of our house is so so big. Dey need to cut it down betuz I can't see the Sunset Grill and I LOVE da Sunset Grill! It's so so beautiful." 

I love this boo and live for her hugs. She honestly makes me laugh every day. 








This child is so strong willed. And  confident. And endearing. She seriously has everyone in primary cracking up every week with her comments and participation. She is adorable. She makes us laugh all the time. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I just read this in the library and was shaking all over with the effort of holding my laughs in. Oh my goodness. Hannah is soooo funny! Thanks for sharing!