Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CANYONLANDS!



It's official! Brian got a call back from the Cheif Ranger at Canyonlands National Park and got a job for this summer working in Canyonlands. They want him as soon as possible, so it looks like we're packing up right after graduation April 18th and heading to yet another beautiful and amazing place. The road you see in this picture is the White Rim Trail (this is the 100 mile mountain bike trail that jo, mary, sven and I did back in 2004). I am so pumped! Canyonlands is one of my favorite places ever and Brian is going to be awesome. I haven't heard back yet from Canyonlands (I applied to as park guide)-- but I could always work on the river again if needed. More great news: Brians' mom and sister, Allison and Sarah, came to visit this weekend! We had a great time and made 16 cups of pomagranite (sp?) jelly! Photos to come. . .

3 comments:

Logan said...

Congratulations on the job Brian! That sounds awesome. This is the ONLY nat'l park in Utah that I still haven't visited, so hopefully we'll get the chance to stop by while you guys are living there.

I have to let you know, my friend Ryan Choi and his friend are hiking through Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon, and Zion National Park on a nonstop, 3-month long backcountry journey. They've buried all of their food/water/gear stashes already. Just letting you know because if you hear anything about them, or see them, say hello for me!

The Gerharts said...

Yea!!!! That looks like a great park. I don't think I've been there but I'd love to come visit. You go Bry!

Catherine said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Brian! That's going to be such a cool job! Way to go for getting it so early in the game, too. :)