Thursday, January 10, 2008

Welcome to Flagstaff

I just got an Arizona driver's license and changed my last name. I having to cope with the guilty feeling of abandoning my roots (slightly dramatic perhaps). So things have been exciting for Bry and I these past two weeks. Last week we flew into Vegas after an awesome time in NC, hiked at red rocks and then met up with his family for NewYears Eve dinner. We were so dead tired from functioning off three hours of sleep that we crashed at 11pm (we couldn't quite make it to the near year)-- but for a good reason! We ushered in the new year by doing a multi-pitch climb at Red Rocks (Olive Oil). It was my first and it was amazing! I'll post pictures soon. We took off that night for Flagstaff and then went on a backpack through the Grand Canyon. It was amazing and soooo pretty! Our last night we camped on the beach next to the Colorado River and it started to storm. Our hike out was quite epic (11 or 12 miles of strong wind, rain and freezing appendages). We hitch-hiked back to our car with an Italian couple who didn't mind our dirty stinky bodies in their car "no pro-blem, iz not mine." So now we're living it up in our three story house with surround sound, air hockey and a beautiful view.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I can't believe you didn't have a torn-newspaper fight! You really ARE abandoning your roots!!!
~cath