Saturday, May 9, 2009

All good things

So this was my last day as a River Ranger. Short lived, I know, but here are some highlights from the last few weeks as well as a photo of the "boat shop"-- I'm sure ya'll are somewhat confused when I keep saying that, but after seeing the photo that might clarify.

While I was on a four day patrol of the Green River (54 miles through Canyonlands). Clay, Leslie and me hiked to the Confluence of the Green and Colorado right in the heart of the park.

This is from my four day patrol down the Colorado River. Brian got to come for the first three days and then he switched with Krissy and she came for the rest. It was also a 50 mile trip. We had awesome weather the whole time and ate like kings! One of the perks of a river trip vs. backpacking.

The boat shop!

3 comments:

Jerry said...

Great pictures, Ang! Your boat shop looks like Jerry's hanger at work except with boats. Good luck with your upcoming move!

sNick said...

Wow. What a cool job. When I grow up I'm going to quit my job and be like you. So, when do you arrive in CO? I'm trying to go climbing with Kelly and Dave so I'll be ready next time we hang out! And Brian, amen to everything you said about the economy. The politicians are at fault for putting their careers before what's best for the country, and the voters are at fault for not being willing to sacrifice to point that we'd could ever elect someone who would do what's necessary to pay off our debt. Did you read those articles that came out saying that the US is borrowing 50 cents for every dollar spent? Incredible.

Lindsey said...

You're cute, Ang. I liked looking at pictures from the boat shop and the river. I'm so jealous!