Monday, May 18, 2009

Too much

I arrived Saturday night to my "home" in Rocky Mountain National Park after a marathon week. It was a good week, but I arrived exhausted. I moved into a little house built in the 1930s (you know it's not a good sign when you have to sign a waiver before moving in). I think with a little work I can make it livable. My job started this morning. I found out I can get a cat. I think I'm going to-- for company and for the mice. Pictures of my trip to Yosemite to follow and our new place.

Brian is climbing the nose today- thurs. Looks like thunderstorms and I feel sick to my stomach.

7 comments:

Jerry said...

Glad you got there safely. We'll definitely keep Brian in our prayers. And I think you should definitely get a cat!

Lori said...

Welcome to Colorado Angela...when we were leaving New Hampshire to move to Colorado, a friend of mine said, "I'd rather live in a box in Colorado, than in anywhere in New Hampshire" Maybe I should write him and say he should aim a little higher! HA! Seriously...we're glad you're here. I'm sure you'll settle in quickly. Kudos to Brian for attempting the Nose. Can't wait to see pics when he returns. Love you!

Leslie said...

i hope your house works out ok! I'm sure you'll make it home sweet home. we're thinking of Brian. We miss you 2 already.

Rachael said...

I miss you! It feels like forever since I talked to you last! I can totally see you with a cat....btw is Malibu still alive? I will try calling you on Sunday. Love ya!

Sarah said...

Yay cats! You should totally get one of those cuddly mouse-destroyers!

Tamara said...

Welcome to ROMO! Mark and I would love to have you over sometime to catch up. We knew Brian just barely in Zion, so it's been a while. It's always nice to see how small a world it is when you work for the NPS. Small and lovely! Email us if you'd like to win a free dinner and night of games with the Nydell family! (rangernydell@hotmail.com)

Becky said...

can you get a dog?? my sister's dog likes to play with mice and rabbits and porcupines. But cats are sweet too!!