Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby Blessing Weekend


This past weekend was Liesel's baby blessing. It was SUCH a great weekend; Brian's family made it down (mom, Matt and Sarah) and so did Lindsey from my side of the fam. It was a great blessing and Liesel was an angel for the whole thing. Our friends Clay and Leslie came too-- it's so great to have friends in the area (esp. when my family lives too far to come). I can't get over how much I love little Liesel. She's 7 weeks today and will smile so much! The picture above was taken at church right after her blessing.


My mom made this amazing dress for her. I know the pictures below look a little like Liesel is flying (they kind of remind me of those quick frame photos where they drop a cat in front of a black screen until it lands on it's feet), but it shows how beautiful the dress is.







We managed to squeeze in some serious game playing (lots of chess and we tried our hardest to learn Carcassone).

We made cookies . . .

and skiied in the La Sals with everyone. Liesel slept so well the entire time and luckily I didn't fall-- it felt so good to be back up in the peaks with the flocked fir trees all around, sweating and panting and gliding on the snow. I really, really, really love being outside. Great weekend!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

oh my gosh i was *hoping* that you had posted. I am kind of TO'ed that I didn't get my proper photo credit, considering i took..ummm 98% of the photos in this post. Yeah. Oh Hey.

Love you and already miss you guys (esp Leisel) so much! I've been bragging about her to everyone.

The Gerharts said...

Beautiful Liesel! I love the pictures with black background. How did you take those? They are stunning! She is so cute with the white bow. Congratulations on making it through the first six weeks and on a beautiful baby blessing.

Catherine said...

Ah, wish I could have been there! Liesel is so beautiful and happy! I love her already! Her dress is amazing... how did you do those black background ones? I'm impressed that you skiied with her on your chest. I too am glad you didn't fall!

PS: You look great as well. Did you dye your hair?

Jerry said...

What a beautiful little girl that Liesel is! She doesn't take a bad picture! And I can't believe that this week you had the perfect angel baby at church - sleeping through the entire blessing. I'm glad it was a wonderful weekend! And congratulations again on making it through the toughest time. It just gets better! P.S. Love the little family picture. You all look great!

Rachael said...

She is gorgeous! Dang I miss you so much. Are you planning a visit any time soon? I really want to meet Liesel. You all look so happy and Liesel is so smiley and sweet. The dress your mom made is beautiful. Seeing the pictures of you guys making cookies makes me think back to all the times we did that at your house after church...tear...I miss that.
We need to catch up...feels like I am always saying that. But seriously...I will call you Sunday.

Dan~Alyssa said...

wow Angela you are my hero! I totally want to be a cool mom like you! strap my baby to me and just go on with life haha I love it! I look up to you so much! Leisel is gorgeous too! just like her mom! Dad looks pretty happy holding his baby too!

Mickey said...

That is so cool that you took her skiing!

(And yeah- she's totally flying in those photos.)