Saturday, December 17, 2011

Babyhood


I haven't posted in a while due to the stress and demands of my baby life. You know, things like balancing for 10 seconds at a time in my "surfer" pose while being applauded, picking my stuffed animals up and setting them on the table-- then taking them off again-- and of course pulling all the books off the bookshelf and flipping through the pages while humming.



I've discovered the joy of making messes the past few weeks. Do you know how cool it is to drop blocks/stacking rings/giant legos through the railing on the top floor and watch it bounce down the stairs and hit the tile? It is the. coolest. thing. ever. Plus mom then runs around like a crazy person and brings them all back to me and organizes the bookshelf again so I can mess it up. It's great. Another favorite pastime is taking all the ziplock bags out of draws, removing all Q-tips, chewing on toothbrushes (which is ironic, because I REALLY hate it when mom and dad try and brush my teeth) and swishing mom's dirt pile while she's sweeping or playing in the mop bucket when she's moping. Great times.

I don't know what is going on with mom and dad. They've kept me up past my bedtime THREE nights this week. (?!!) They never do that. Although last night I did get to dance to some killer 70s songs in disco lighting at the bowling alley. . . oh, and eat kiwi. Which I loved the first time mom gave it to me and promptly dropped on the floor the second. I like to keep them wondering.


I'm still in love with dogs and go crazy laughing when ever I see one. They are so funny. They try and lick my face. It's funny. Dogs are so funny. They are great. I want one.

I might be growing up fast, but mom says there's nothing like footed ballerina pjs and a pacifier to make me look like a little baby. And lets be honest, being a little baby isn't bad at all. 

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ang this post made me laugh. It took me a while to figure out it was Liesel writing it. :) That last paragraph is my favorite: "Dogs are great. Dogs are funny. I want one." I bet that's totally what she's thinking! Miss you

Gabriella said...

And she's so darn cute while doing it.

Laura Anderson said...

Oh, you've taken me back to the days when Miles was one. I like the dangerous photo - sucking on the power cord.