Saturday, December 3, 2011

how to destroy a cake

And other things a one year old knows:
how to function as a biped (sort of anyway)
how to keep you busy cleaning all day
how to go up stairs 
how to eat spaghetti, strawberries and mandarin oranges like they're going out of style
how to fall on a tile floor
how to love dogs
how to clap 
how to captivate an audience
how to turn pages and "read" and "sing"
how to strum a guitar
how to stand up in the tub making it impossible for you to clean them
how to love a christmas tree 
how to do a fantastic pouty-lip
how to make adults look like fools
how to distract an entire congregation
how to hate hygiene (no brush teeth, suck on shoes, eat food off the floor)
how to make you laugh
how to be cuddly 
how to capture your attention
how to frazzle your brain
how to fill your heart
Thanks to the Hays family for making Thanksgiving week amazing! Fisher Towers, bouldering, face masks, Hearts and a great dinner. 

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I love little L and I love YOU! I'm glad L and I almost share the same birthday!!

Katie said...

I know you hardly even know me, but I really enjoy checking your blog now and again, you do a great job with it. It makes me miss the west something fierce and makes me smile, especially this one. Happy birthday to Liesel! I am glad I am not the only one who can't get my kid to sit down in the tub anymore.

The Gerharts said...

Happy Birthday Liesel! I just love that little girl!