Friday, December 30, 2011

rendezvous in so-Cal

My adorable nephew Byron and my nieces Olivia and Juliet. These talented kids are also amazing at getting laughs out of their cousin Liesel, doing loop jumps (in ice skates or tennis shoes) and throwing rocks in the creek. They're growing up so fast! 

At Devil's Punchbowl near Palmdale, CA

My brother Ryan and his wife Kiyomi live in L.A.-- in Santa Monica a mile and a half from a warm sunny beach where we could surf and build sand castles. So naturally we had he and his family meet us in Palmdale California to hike at Devil's Punchbowl in the wind.  Honestly though, it was SO great. And even greater because Liesel got to meet her uncle, aunt and cousins for the first time-- and she loved it! And I really loved it. Ryan is easy to talk to and he's interesting. He's smart, sarcastic and funny. He's easy going and is genuinely interested in you. He knows how to make people feel special. I never say enough about my brothers on my blog, but they are seriously cool people. His wife Kie is equally awesome. She is always cheerful and amazing with people and has a great sense of humor (and style). I can't say enough about how great it was for me to see them!!  And what's even better is that I think we may have convinced them to come visit us in Moab next spring. . . 

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Loved the update, Ang! Good to see pics of Ryan and Kie!

gc.hatch said...

Thank you for posting these pictures! It's been TOO LONG since I've seen a picture of Ryan, Kie, Byron, Juliet and Olivia! My goodness, the children are really growing up! Looks like you all met at a really beautiful place. I'm so happy you could spend some time together!