Friday, August 2, 2013

Hannah at 9 months.






It seems Hannah's personality popped through the surface of her perfect baby skin-- along with her 2 top teeth (4 now!)-- a few weeks ago. This girl is tenacious. She learned to crawl while in NC right around 8 months and she has been pulling up on everything in our house. I found her on top of a box the other day and she's even stood herself up and balanced a few times on her wobbly sea-legs and hand outstretched in the air. With her new found mobility there have been a few more squabbles with Liesel over puzzle piece or necklace that Hannah snagged mid-play. But overall, I LOVE watching those two interact. They already love each other so much. Liesel get's more laughs than anyone out of H (Brian is a close 2nd-- I'm a distant 3rd). Liesel mentions Hannah every night in her prayer totally unprompted and has started to ask to hold her. A few times I've found her carrying a wide-eyed Hannah around the house.  

She's not content just hanging out and playing with something-- if I give her a toy to entertain herself it's ditched for something she has found on her own (usually the broom in the hall closet and pulls out all the straw, or itty-bitty pieces of fuzz on the floor). 

And this gal is corrodinated. She will dance (shake her head back and forth, wave her hand and bob up and down) to clapping, Liesel's singing, car commercials, hymns at church, Brian's plate percussion at dinner and of course, music. She learned to clap after watching Liesel and I for one day. I don't remember any practice at the pincer grasp, she just got it. She loves to copy us when we do razzes. She wasn't a big fan of camping. She has a little bit of Brian's 'optimal' personality and a little bit of my dislike of restraint. 

After the reunion Hannah became a bit of a mama's girl. I think it was all of the head-rubbing and passing around she got. I'm surprised she has any hair left at all. If I'm in the room, she prefers to me to anyone. If I'm gone, she's totally fine. She eats like a champ. 

She woke up one day with a little freckle under her right eye. She constantly curls her toes. She crawls on sandstone with straight legs (I would too). She is way more giggly when she's sleepy. 


2 comments:

Jerry said...

Happy 9 months to an ADORABLE baby! I sure loved getting to know Hannah's sweet personality this summer. She is as fun as you describe, plus some!

Allison said...

Love the stick poking out of her mouth. And...she's really photogenic.