Thursday, August 1, 2013

red, white and Hatch.

 July is a synonym for swimming, green beans, hotdogs and heat. Catherine drove down from our nation's capitol to spend Independence day in D-town with me. I really just wanted to play all day. Something about the 4th puts me in that mood. My whole life we passed the 4th at the pool pig-pickin' where they would literally roast and entire pig. I, being the strange kid I was, would always ask for the eyeball and bring it home to dissect. Yeah. Okay. . . as the years passed the pool got wise and realized that hot-dogs were way easier. And they added a giant bounce-house water slide that actually gave me butterflies for a few seconds before rocketing down. Super fun. But too crazy for L-train. I have to throw in here that Catherine and I won our heat in the swim-relay and then came in 2nd overall. Oh yeah. And we may have been the only adult women swimming. . . my parents weren't there yet and a woman I have never seen in my life offered to watch the kids while I raced. I said yes without hesitation and later questioned my commitment to good competition. 
 Yes, that is my dads lighting a sparkler with a blowtorch. Gettin' the job done, pops! A lighter takes way too long. Liesel was enthralled. 

 Catherine and I spent the entire next day in tie-dye heaven. What started out as a t-shirt for just us ended up turning into a t-shirt for the girls in the family. Then it snowballed into every last person in our family. 30 t-shirts later we were still tie-dying. . .
Auntie Catherine bought these dresses for the girls. I now hear every day, "I want my rose dress!" from miss L. Apparently there is some of that southern-belle-scarlett-ohara blood in her 'cause she walked around nursery like she was the bees-knees. And later while talking about the people who love her she included Jeffery. Who? Oh Jeffery sings "It's raining, it's pouring"-- He loves me. Hmmm. 
Liesel cheering in the pool, "hatches are #1!"
 The next week both Ryan and Kevin's families arrived for an early reunion where we spent our time at the pool (racing. . . again. . . hmmm), fishing and eating hush-puppies and Carolina BBQ. 


And after 6 weeks apart, I finally got to pick up Brian from the airport at 1am! 
Reunited. 
Together. 
And it's a good thing he missed me
since he was just in time for me(times)five:





4 comments:

Lindsey said...

cute pics...you forgot to mention my arrival!

The Gerharts said...

Love the USA picture with the sparklers!! Competition is in the blood, Ang. . . no arguing it, just accept it! Love how dad is lighting the sparkler with a blow torch, classic! Cute pics of Ryan's kids and Catherine and you tie dying the shirts. Love this post!

Jerry said...

What good times! You do such a great job of documenting your adventures. Love the sparkler picture (that looks like a photography 982 skill) and all the pictures of people I love!

Allison said...

Love the last photo. You ladies look great! And you look like your having a great time.