Sunday, September 22, 2013

'because what?'

my big girl. 
trying to learn to hop// getting frustrated that she can't yet
settling for jumping down the rock and then running away
 I think we have entered the "WHY?" phase. Although, instead of asking 'why?', Liesel loves to ask, "because what?" Since I usually follow up a request with 'because it's getting late and we need to go to bed soon. . . " or whatever, she want's a 'because' on the end of everything. Seriously. From asking her to finish her soup to scaling steep rocks. Challenging all. the. time.

It's exhausting. And amusing. 

On the flip-side, she offers me a constant because. "Mommy, don't talk to me like that because it makes me very very sad." (after saying: 'you need to eat your vegetables before you get a piece of zucchini bread'). "Mommy, thank you for leaving your hair longer because it is very beautiful." 

Verbally, she's like a 4-year-old. And it's probably a good thing since we're severely lacking in company down here. She chats with me all day long. 

Her prayers crack me up. Her memory is astounding. Her personality commanding. She sort of fills up a room- she's bright, talkative and extroverted. But shy when she initially meets someone. This weekend she told our host she couldn't stay there because there weren't any toys. She asked me this evening if she could go on an adventure on the rocks. Just her and I. It was really fun to follow her around and watch her use tiny holds in the rocks to pull herself up with no fear. I had a mini-vision of her and Brian on Teewinot in 5 years. 

She still sings constantly, but only made-up songs. And they are usually sung by screaming very loudly. Here's a translation:
I know I know I know!
Today !
I kick the volleyball! volleyball!

I love her.

7 comments:

gc.hatch said...

This is such a cute post! She seriously is looking older (see first picture) and is saying some hilarious things! (aka stop saying that to me mommy it makes me very very sad!) How cute that she asked you to go on a rock climbing hike with her. Yes, she must be such wonderful company !

Jerry said...

L looks so BIG in these pictures! Ahh, she's growing up! I seriously wish I could hang out with Liesel every day. I love her little blossoming personality. And I love that she totally looks like you in these pictures. (I think because I could see you wearing the same outfit as her.) Ha, ha. Love you guys!

Allison said...

With Liesel's "because what," she is sounding like she's ready for the Spanish language. Miss her!

Lindsey said...

#1. I love HER TOO!!!! So much!
#2. I agree with Em. Did she grow four years in the past month I have not seen her??
#3. How does your three year old have a puffy coat? How much is a mini puffy??
#4. Her running shorts are so cute, can I borrow them?
#5. I miss this little big girl!!!

Leslie said...

That outfit! I love it. She looks like a mini-you! How did I not see this until tonight? Can I summit Teewinot with her?

The Gerharts said...

What a little chatterbox!! Love her curly hair and the cute outfit, and how much personality is in her little (big?) self!!

Catherine said...

She looks like a mini-YOU! Haha!