Sunday, July 27, 2014

Kevin & Jana's visit



Kevin and his family came to visit! It always feels like an honor when a sibling/family member come out of their way to visit. Kevin and Jana insisted they didn't come to see Moab, that they just wanted to see us-- but I really wanted them to have a great time and see the area. I loved watching our kids play together-- it's like they know they're family. They got along really well! I loved catching up with them on the details of their life; things that are hard to tell from emails, blogs and phone calls. Kevin & Jana recently moved from DC to San Antonio, TX. We are sort of in the same phase of life with toddlers, buying houses, jobs, church callings and trying to balance it all. 

We made it into Arches and hiked to Double Arch. We let the kids play in the shade. And Kevin of course needed some shirtless flexing shots on the red rock. . . ;)

We also took a trip down the daily section of the Colorado River. I love this section of river-- and especially that we got to take their family and kids down. There is something that is just fun about a river. . .changing scenery, splashy waves, sandy beaches and good lunches. When we got back, I had to shoot a wedding, but Kevin, Brian and Clay went back on the river again! I was a bit jealous, but glad they got to have fun. The next morning we went jogging through Negro Bill Canyon and had a sitter come over for the 1.5hrs then it was time to say goodbye (although I tried my best to convince them to stay another day). . .

The best part was honestly getting to interact with my nieces and nephew (Oliver's smile is to die for) and talking with Kevin and Jana. 

What a treat to have them visit! 

6 comments:

gc.hatch said...

Oh my goodness, this warms my heart! I LOVE LOVE to see my children and their families having fun together! That picture of the girls all playing together is so CUTE! Looks like you really gave Kevin and Jana a great time! I can't believe you all got to go on the river....looks like they LOVED it! And wow, Kevin has quite the physique!

Allison said...

Cute smiling cousins on the porch!

Lindsey said...

These are some really adorable photos!!!!! Seriously! The photos of Kev and Jana's family are all so cute. That photo of Kevin shirtless is AWESOME. And you even took them rafting! Looks like so much fun!

Jana said...

Thanks so much for the fun trip! We all had a great time and wish we could visit you more often!

Catherine said...

How did I miss this post? These photos all make me happy and stuff! Looks like you had a blast and the kids are so cute together!!

Catherine said...

PS: the flexing on the rock…Kev needs to make that his Facebook profile pic. :)