Thursday, December 27, 2007

Gayle force winds. . .




There is a serious whirlwind of fun, efficency and drama in the Hatch home this Christmas. I love being home. There is nothing like constant noise and interrupting to make me feel most comfortable.

Brian and I, after finishing finals took packed up everything and parked in Las Vegas and then flew here to NC on Christmas Eve. Christmas day we woke up at about 7:30 and opened presents, ate breakfast, played Ultimate frisbee and then all of us decided to help my dad finish the siding on the house as a present-- he's been trying to do it himself for over a year.

We fly out on Monday and then we drive to Flagstaff. We feel pretty blessed. We are living in a half a million dollar home in Flag while we are there-- personal fireplace and whirlpool tub included (not bad, ey?). But the best part is that it is right up next to Forest Service land and the foothills so we can cross country ski to our hearts desire! We are pumped to go on a backpack through the grand canyon Jan 1-6. Woohoo!






4 comments:

Catherine said...

Excuse me, but why did you post that hideous photo of me on the roof? Um, I thought we were friends or sisters or something.

Mary Grace said...

how'd you score a house like that??

William Cobb said...

Um, it looks like I'll be visiting that house often! (and you guys too! hehe). Happy New Year! You guys can come down here to boulder in Phoenix anytime!

Rachael said...

It looks like you guys had a great time out here. It was great to see you both! Happy New Year!