Monday, July 19, 2010

Just don't ask me where you can find a moose. . .





Our baby wants to say "OH HEY!" Some pictures of our baby girl; hot off the press. Seeing her in the ultrasound was amazing.
Gotta love this guy. B has been one busy bee. He's been on several medical calls but yesterday he was on the first major SAR in the park. They helicoptered him up to the Paintbrush divide, he helped treat and package a guy who had slipped on a steep snow field and had a compound tib/fib fracture. Brian and the team short-hauled the guy off. He's been climbing and hiking all over these mountains. Words can't express my jealousy. . .

The wildflowers are off the hook right now. Arrowleaf balsamroot pictured here, but there's no end to the lupine, larkspur, paintbrush etc on the lower slopes.


I spy a baby bump-a-rooski. We hiked over to Delta lake from Surprise and then down the Apex trail. It was perfect weather.


Delta Lake.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on the baby you two!

Leslie said...

this is a really amazing post. Your baby is beautiful already, and so is the scenery up there! Your belly is also cute, and hike hike while you can- before you have to waddle!

Sarah said...

I love the ultra-sound pictures. Leslie's right--she's already beautiful!

Allison said...

Very exciting baby pics. (I was going to say "she's beautiful," but 2 people beat me to it.)

Jerry said...

Hello Baby Hays!! I love that you posted pictures for us all to capture a glimpse of that cute little profile and hand. I can't wait to meet her!

And way to go, Brian, on your SAR on the mountain! I can just picture that yellow helicopter letting you down on the side of the mountain. Way to go!!

And those scenery pictures are great, Ang. Makes me jealous, but I'm glad we got to see your place in person just last month so I can picture it all even better.

And P.S. LOVE LOVE LOVE that baby bump! She's totally poppin' out!

Mickey said...

Regarding your title: I saw a show about moose attacking people recently and (perhaps inevitably) there was a brief shot of people watching a moose at Sawmill Ponds on M-W Road. The #1 question in the park, right?

I did your Delta Lake hike in reverse once, bushwhacking up to Delta from the trailhead and then up to Surprise. I was in uniform and figured Delta Lake was a good place to not run into any visitors. I was right.

The Gerharts said...

Love the cute bump, Ang! You look great. Good for you staying fit and looking good so far along! So excited for your baby GIRL!!! Who hoo!

Erin Barr said...

I think she actually looks like you already! (and I don't mean that you look like a tadpole) Congrats!

Catherine said...

Your baby is a hottie...I can already tell. I'm SO STINKIN' excited for you!