Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Picture THIS:


REUNION! All of my siblings were able to make it (minus Sarah's husband James and Emily's husband Jerry) up to Swan Valley, ID for our family reunion. It was SOOO good to see everyone. I love these guys! We hiked in the Tetons, played in the creek, talked for hours, played mafia and Ticket to Ride, ate lots of food, chased the kids, played croquet and had a blast!

Brian at the Ranger Station with my mom and dad.

The Nerf gun wars. Brian officiated and the kids went wild.

The ladies! (minus Kiyomi who had already headed home to Cali with my bro Ryan).
On Patrol. . . hiking with Mary in Death Canyon a few weeks ago:




Canoeing the Snake River through the park. Bobby came up from Canyonlands and we made a day of it out on the water (last Monday):





I have been begging Brian to take me up Teewinot-- the mountain that looms right above our cabin. The snow hasn't melted yet and it is still early season, but I was worried about being too big (belly wise) to climb it later. Yesterday we finally had a chance (and great weather) to bag it. I have to say it was way more legit than I was expecting.
On the way up; wildflowers, waterfalls and perfect 70s weather.

It was an ice axe/crampon climb and the snow was STEEP. There were a lot of rock to snow transitions(lots of taking off and putting back on the crampons). We met one other party attempting, but they turned around after not being able to find the route. I tried to capture the steepness, but this picture doesn't even show the route we were climbing.

Me on the summit. This is probably the coolest summit in the world. It really is as small as it looks (you can barely get two people up there) and the exposure was insane. It drops right off! That is the Grand behind me.



Me and B on the summit. Glad that I can look at Teewinot in the eyes now and I finally feel at peace having made it up something. That was driving me nuts!

10 comments:

Erin Barr said...

wow. when was the last time you were ALL together?!? mom and pops look great! (EXACTLY the same as i remember them)

Allison said...

OK, I need your summit picture enlarged and in my house. That photo is a keeper. And yes, that's about as pointy as one summit can get. Nice.

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sNick said...

JEALOUS. And are you and Brian sporting new helmets? Fancy, fancy.

(That last comment was me, I was just logged in under my friend's account).

Lindsey said...

hey dude. how do you get so many people to comment on your posts? You so poopular.

PS love the pics. Looks like you be havin some FUUUN!

Mickey said...

Hee, hee- Lindsey thinks you're poopular.

Teewinot rocks! Glad you took care of it.

Erin Barr said...

from what I remember, that's a true statement. hehe, Bubbles, hehehe.

Clay Allred said...

That's great B&A. Looks fun!

Chris Andrew said...

Way cool!

Catherine said...

That is one SWEET hike! I can't believe you guys live there. I'm so jealous that you get to do these hikes for your job while I talk to people about abdominal pain for mine.

LOVE YOU!!