Tuesday, December 7, 2010

1 week down


Here's a picture from a week ago.


Mom has been an amazing help. She's made homemade everything: cinamon rolls, pies, bread, 4 bean salad, chicken pot pie, chicken parmesian, lentil barely soup, lasagna, granola and every meal for a week. She woke up with Angela and Liesel at all hours to help out. She cleaned the whole house twice, soothed the baby, knitted a beanie, washed every dish, read an entire book on pregnancy and childbirth, watched Pride and Prejudice at least 4 times, taught me about investing, grocery shopped, and basically held us all together while we got used to things.

Here's what I've accomplished in the same time span: I ate homemade cinamon rolls, pies, bread, 4 bean salad, chicken pot pie, chicken parmesian, lentil barely soup.....you get the idea.


"Why are you torturing me with the sun in my eyes people?"


See ya....

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Dang. I love Mother. I don't feel so bad about taking that loaf of bread home with me afterall... :)

Jerry said...

Mom is amazing, it's true. And can I just say that the picture of your little family looking down at Liesel is my favorite picture of you guys EVER. I love it! What a sweet moment you captured. Glad you survived the first week. That's the hardest, for sure.

Clay Allred said...

so you don't need dinner yet? :)

You all look great! Lielsel is so adorable!

Sarah said...

Your caption for the last picture is perfect! That IS a see-ya face. Liesel is the most awesome one-week-old I've ever seen.

The Gerharts said...

Mom deserves a mother of the century award! She has a heart of gold and is such a wonderful mother. Love the family picture! You guys are such a cute family. Is it me or are Liesel's eyes blue? Yes, I know they change, but my kids with blue eyes had bluerer eyes at birth. She's a cutie!

kp said...

So if I had a baby I could get homemade cinamon rolls, pies, bread, 4 bean salad, chicken pot pie, chicken parmesian, and lentil barely soup? If so, I may have to sign up. I hadn't been convinced until now.

Jerry said...

Brian and Angela,
I know its a little late but I wanted to tell you congratulations. What an exciting time for you all. Take care and enjoy the beginnings of parenthood.
Jerry

Mickey said...

Investing? What's that?