Thursday, December 23, 2010

Little Liesee-bug


So our little girl hit three weeks on Tuesday! Crazy. I know this is cliche, but I seriously can't remember life without her. I know Brian feels the same way, but it is somewhat different for him. He is still a park ranger working every day, he managed to climb Ja Man (a desert tower near Moab) her second week and is planning a trip to Ouray to ice climb in a few weeks.

Liesel hit some milestones this week like loosing her umbilical chord (thank goodness; that thing freaked me out), taking her first real bath and having her first poo in 11 days (and I think it weighed 1/2 pound), hitting the over 9lb mark in weight, going to Target and the grocery store (granted she was asleep in her car seat under her tent) and sleeping a 4 1/2 hr stretch at night!


First bath-- naked babies are the cutest.

I went on a two mile walk and tried out my unfinished fleece jumpsuit I'm making for her. It was cozy enough that she fell asleep right away (although I designed it off of a one-year old outfit and a 3-6 month old hood. . .whoops).


Happy time . . .I love these accidental smiles.

7 comments:

Katie said...

I am so excited for you guys! Thanks for sharing all the pics and little milestones. They make me even more excited for the arrival of our little guy.

Jerry said...

Is it possible to love a baby that I have never met? Because I swear this girl has a place in my heart! What a cutie!! And P.S. Congrats on all those great accomplishments! Awesome! And I'm with you, I hate umbilical cords!

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness. Speechless. She is so beautiful. I'm with Emily, I feel like Liesel is my own baby. (JK) That was meant to make you laugh.
No but for real she is adorable! I can't believe you made a fleece - holy mom skills. MS.

Seriously...umbilical cords haunt my nightmares man...

Lindsey said...

PS> love you!

sNick said...

Oh man, she's a keeper!

The Gerharts said...

Liesel is so cute! I really don't think smiles are accidental. Why else would babies smile when you are smiling and looking and talking to them? She's getting fatter by the day, and I love the fleece jumpsuit! So warm and soft and cute. Way to go for making it three weeks! And hooray for milestones -- they make it all worth it!

Catherine said...

What a cutie!! She really is an adorable baby - her gaze in the naked one is SO Angela and her smile in the last one is SO Brian! I love the jumpsuit!