Sunday, December 19, 2010

Getting to know you.


My favorite thing about waking her up to nurse is watching her little stretches. She does the ball-up (shown above) followed by the plank (she straightens out like a board--it is hillarious)!





Liesel holding her daddy's hand (or thumb).



Liesel in a post nursing smile.

Whew. After hitting a parenting low this week, things are back on the mend. I am learning what her cries mean when and learning that swaddle+suck+movement is the only way she'll take a nap (and allow me to stop eating/dressing with one hand). I'm also realizing that I can't be in a hurry. And most importantly, that I really, really, really love her. I'm starting to see more and more personality each day in this little bundle and I can't believe how much she is growing already.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

you are so right...you can't be in a hurry! genius. i'm still learning that.

Erin Barr said...

that's your smile, ang!

Lindsey said...

Ang, your post almost made me cry. You are such a sweet mother, I can already tell. You ahve so much love for people - and thats one thing I love about you - and the only qualification in being a mother. Atleast thats what I can tell.

Love you bunches and esp love the photos of you and Leisle.

Sarah said...

I love the picture with Liesel in your arms and the one where's she got Brian's thumb. I can't wait to see her!

Mickey said...

Gosh, that's one manly thumb.

Jerry said...

What a doll! Love the pictures of that cute little girl! And great picture of Angela and Liesel - so sweet! Congrats, Mom and Dad. Sounds like you guys are doing great as parents!

Catherine said...

I loved reading your thoughts in this post. I must be so amazing to fall in love with your baby. She makes some really cute expressions - more than I thought infants made at that age (let's be honest, the more I talk to you, the more I realize why I almost failed my maternity class). And Leisel sounds like she's gonna be a yoga guru with the fact that she's already doing the plank! :)