Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I spy something awesome.


My family came into town this week. This is me and L-train waiting their arrival a week ago (btw; this is the slickest seat ever).
My mom, dad, sister Catherine and Lindsey came into town for Lindsey's graduation from BYU and made the drive down south to see me, B and Liesel first. We pulled the classic Hays and didn't let them rest.
This is us hiking in the Needles.

Mom, Cath and me
Grandma with Liesel.
Dad and his girls; hiking to Corona Arch.
We took everyone climbing on Wallstreet. My dad even made it up a climb! And I led my first climb post-baby (although it was probably a 5.5).
B bouldering at Big Bend. We used to not like bouldering very much, but it has definitely grown on us. Might be the easy access with the Baby, the little amount of work, the great spot, the fun moves or all of the above.
Claret cup in bloom
On a hike up Millcreek canyon.


5 comments:

Chris Andrew said...

So cool! I'm going to miss you guys.

Jerry said...

Fun!! Wish I could have joined you all, but glad you had a great time!

The Gerharts said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe dad made it up the rock. Way to go! I love the pictures of you guys with mom, and of course Lindsey's graduation is the best!!! How fun!

Lindsey said...

Wow. What a fun trip! Does Liesel miss me? Again, I am still waiting for a tribute post for me. Just me.

Mickey said...

I can totally vouch for the fact that you guys don't go easy on your guests. But it's awesome.

Glad you're coming around to bouldering. I know Brian once told me he wasn't really into it, but it sounds like you've realized exactly what's good about it. Sure, it would be nice to always spend the day in the mountains, but sometimes monkeying around on the small stones is good enough. Some of the best days I've had climbing were in boulder fields (but always with an eye toward the bigger stuff.) Unfortunately, JH is sorely lacking in good bouldering (and cragging, for that matter; Blacktail is only so much fun.)